Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The meaning of my life-CRICKET.

Life is something which needs a lifetime for us to understand and realize. But to feel it, may take just a second or an instance. In that sense, CRICKET is life for me. Yet,I didn't mean to play cricket all my life and be professional at it.I knew it was my life in terms of the pleasure the game had to offer on a personal front and make me feel life and thereby, help realize it.

From fun to fights,cricket has taught me all.

I knew what was fun, when i played cricket on four feet crawling.
I knew what was joy, when i heard the sound of  the ball hitting my bat.
I knew what was passion, when my friend was no more a friend in cricket-the sport.
I knew what was madness, when i cried for hours for my mom to buy me an indian cricket jersey.
I knew what was arrogance, when i didnt want to lose for any reason.
I knew what was determination, when i stood firm after physical blows yielding blood.
I knew what was love, when my team mate hugged me.
I knew what was pain, when i had to take my books with my friends playing just outside my window.
I knew what was support, when my batting partner wispered "hit the ball to orbit, its easy as it can get".
I knew what was victory, when i was dejected after a lost game.
I knew what was defeat, when i saw my oppenents in the shame of losing.
I knew what was boredam,when my peers werent there to bowl me a ball.

I knew life, when i knew cricket.




Dedicated to karthick.pl,raja and rajamani with whom I literally spent every day of my childhood, playing cricket.

9 comments:

  1. machi ultimate da..... cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ram,i played jus 2 days of cricket and football wit u..u guys were an awesome bunch..hope we ll get to play once again..not to forget the raavanan exp as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. machi chanceless piece.B-)
    accentuates very clearly "life=cricket"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so were u dude..... wait till june machi..... i will be back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome dude.. unakkulla ivlo theramaya... seriously awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @barath:Thanks a ton.life is full of such pleasant surprises.

    @chocka:nammaluku vera enna theriyum "cricket" tavira!!! we live for cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh. . I'm little late to have read this one. It's always good to see ppl of our own kind who comes up with the thoughts which we were having it unexpressed. Awe-inspiring da.!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! awesome!! brought out every aspect to come through,totally felt and experienced..

    ReplyDelete